I know many people who lack the confidence and courage to face challenges that lie before them. For these individuals, you often hear the same origins regarding their apparent struggles. They were often abused or traumatized repeatedly for many, many years and never had a kind word said to them. When that happens, a person may develop negative and adverse beliefs about themselves, which are self-defeating and inaccurate. The described scenario reflects how important it is for us to be mindful of what we say and how our statements may affect others.
We should seek to encourage others daily. If you are not sure how to do so, then let’s turn to the Bible! From a Biblical perspective, there are many verses that we can turn to that will enlighten us about the importance of what we have to say and the impact our statements may have on others. Let’s explore further.
- “Anxiety ways down a man’s heart, but a kind word cheers it up” (Proverbs 12:25, NIV).
- “The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent, and their lips promote instruction. Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones” (Proverbs 16:23-24, NIV).
- “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience” (Colossians 3:12, NIV).
- “Therefore, encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NIV).
- “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen” (Ephesians 4:29, NIV).
As we move forward each day, we should be mindful of our statements’ powerful impact on others. Please be aware of the Bible verses provided that provide us with wisdom and discernment about what we say to others. I hope you find these Bible verses helpful with your daily journey. Many blessings to you!
Self-exploration considerations: Do I need to be more mindful of statements I make towards other people, and do I need to be more of an encouraging presence for others?
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture is taken from the New American Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
A Faithful Sower Publishing
Limited Liability Company
All Rights Reserved